Gifts of Life Insurance
An affordable way to maximize your contribution while creating a significant future legacy.
A reserved annual life insurance premium, paid over a period of time, enables you to make a significant, lasting gift to Golf Canada programming with minimal expense of current savings or income.
- Affordable annual premiums, which convert to a large gift
- Receive a charitable tax receipt
- Gifts of life insurance are not included in probate
How to make a gift of life insurance:
- You can purchase a new policy. By naming Golf Canada Foundation as the irrevocable owner and beneficiary, you will receive an income tax receipt yearly for the full amount of premiums paid.
- You can donate an existing policy. If you donate an existing policy and name Golf Canada Foundation as the irrevocable owner and beneficiary, you will receive a tax receipt for any net cash surrender value (if applicable) and any subsequent premiums paid.
- You can make Golf Canada Foundation the beneficiary of a new or existing policy. By directing the death benefit of a policy to Golf Canada Foundation, your estate will receive a tax credit when the proceeds are realized.
Making your gift
Any gift of life insurance made now or through your will should be done in consultation with your life insurance agent and any other pertinent advisors.
Please also contact Joelle Efford, Senior Director of Development for more information and to discuss how you would like the proceeds from your gift to be used.
It is also important for Golf Canada Foundation to know if you wish to be recognized for your contribution or prefer to remain anonymous. Please feel confident that any request for anonymity will be strictly honoured.
Statement of Intent (PDF) – We would love to know if you have already included Golf Canada Foundation in your estate plans.
Sample bequest language for your Will.
It’s quick, easy and only one sentence: “To pay to the Golf Canada Foundation ___% of the residue of my estate [or the sum of $____________.] This gift is to be used for such purposes and designs as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors of the Golf Canada Foundation.
Joelle Efford – Senior Director, Development
Golf Canada Foundation
1-1333 Dorval Dr, Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
Toll-free: 1-800-263-0009, 905.849.9700 x265 Email: email@example.com